Henry arrested for meth lab
A 23 year-old Harrison man was arraigned Tuesday in 80th District Court on charges of running a meth lab in his home.
A warrant for the arrest of Michael Lawrence Henry was authorized Monday by Clare County Prosecutor Michelle Ambrozaitis. He was lodged in the Clare County Jail.
An ongoing investigation between the Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team (BAYANET) and the Clare County Sheriff’s Department resulted in the execution of two search warrants on Monday and Tuesday at 2750 N Old State Avenue in Harrison.
When BAYANET Detectives and Clare County Deputies executed the search warrants, they found that two young children, one a toddler and one an infant were in the residence. The toddler was discovered with the suspect in the investigation, and the infant was with a female who is the mother of both children.
Officers said they discovered all the components necessary for the production of Methamphetamine plus an active “one pot” meth lab, and finished methamphetamine product in the home.
Henry was arrested and charged with seven counts including:
- One count of Controlled Substance: operating/ maintaining a laboratory is the presence of a minor, a 20-year, $100,000 felony;
- Three counts of Weapon: felony firearms for possession of a shotgun and a rifle, each possession of a 2 year felony with mandatory forfeiture of weapons;
- One count of Controlled Substance: operating/maintaining a laboratory involving firearm/other harmful device, a felony punishable by 25 years and/or $100,000;
- One count of Controlled Substance: operating/maintaining a laboratory involving Methamphetamine; a felony punishable by 20 years and/or a $25,000 fine;
- One count of Controlled Substance: possession of Methamphetamine/Ecstasy, a felony punishable by 10 years and/or $15,000 fine.
Henry’s bond has been set at $750,000.00 Cash/Surety. A preliminary exam has been set for April 9 at 2:00 p.m.
BAYANET and Deputies were assisted during the processing of the lab by the Harrison Fire Department. A vehicle that belonged to the suspect was also searched. BAYANET is a multi-jurisdictional drug task force, with personnel from participating police agencies conducting drug investigations in Clare, Isabella, Saginaw, Bay, Midland, and Gladwin Counties. The Clare County Sheriff’s Department has assigned a Deputy as a Detective on the North Team.