Family escapes house fire without injury

August 9, 2018

By Pat Maurer

A Wednesday afternoon fire on West Surrey Road destroyed a home on Surrey Road.

Keith Cousineau owned the home, which was the residence of his son Trent and his family.

A Wednesday afternoon fire destroyed the Cousineau home on West Surrey Road. The family including two children were able to escape the fire without injury.

A Wednesday afternoon fire destroyed the Cousineau home on West Surrey Road.
The family including two children were able to escape the fire without injury.

Surrey Township Fire Chief Dave Williams said the call came in around 3:04 p.m. August 8th.

He said the family, including two children were able to escape without injury and call the Fire Department.

Williams said he believes that the fire may have been started by a candle in the kitchen of the single story home at 2194 West Surrey Road, just east of Ludington Drive (M-115). He said the home was about 24 feet by 30 feet.

Firefighters from Surrey, Clare and Garfield Fire Departments were on the scene for approximately three hours, Williams said.

Share This Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Current day month ye@r *