Farwell students evacuated when smoke fills building

February 13, 2014

Both Farwell Middle School and High School students were evacuated Thursday morning when smoke filled the building.

Superintendent Carl Seiter reported that a fire alarm was set off around 10 a.m. Thursday, summoning the Fire Department. Investigators found that a blower motor in a heating unit in the Middle School gymnasium had overheated.

Students were sent outside for about ten minutes, Seiter said, then Middle School Students were kept in the High School gym until fire officials reopened the school.

Surrey Fire Department was assisted at the scene by Clare Fire Department and the Clare County Sheriff’s Department.

Share This Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Current day month ye@r *