Fire in pole barn causes extensive damage

January 28, 2016

1-29-16 Pole Barn KIMG0032

A fire broke out in a pole barn on the property of Doug and Christine Garret on Buckley Road last Thursday. Photo courtesy of Clare Fire Department

By Pat Maurer
Correspondent

A fire in a pole building last week caused extensive damage to the contents and “some” structural damage to the building, Clare Fire Chief Jim Chapman reported.
The Clare Fire Department was called to the scene at 725 Buckley north of the US 10 Freeway between Clare and Farwell last Thursday, January 21.

“The cause hasn’t been determined,” Chapman said, “but we believe it was accidental.” He said the fire on the property of Doug and Christine Garret damaged tools in a wood shop in the building extensively and caused minor damage to a tractor and “Quad” or ATV in the building.
An estimate of the damages has not been determined yet.

The owners were home at the time and called to report the fire. Chapman said Doug Garret had been working in the barn a couple of hours prior to the fire.

There were no injuries reported during the fire.
Clare Fire Department was assisted at the fire by Surrey Township Fire Department.

Share This Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Current day month ye@r *