On July 11, 2014 at approximately 9:01 am the Harrison Community Fire Department was dispatched for a natural gas leak located at 3641 N. Clare Ave in Hayes Township. Two businesses were evacuated and N. Clare Ave between Hazel and Cranberry Lake Road was closed to traffic for precautionary purposes. No injuries were reported. The businesses and roadway were opened to traffic at 11:18 am. The fire department cleared the scene at 11:34 am. Michigan State Police, Clare County Sheriff’s Department and the Clare County Sheriff’s Reserves assisted at the scene.